Attachment Center of Kansas

   Helping Families Build Stronger Connections


Can you provide a referral to a therapist or residential treatment in my area?

What ages do you work with?

What insurance do you accept?

Do you provide services for children in foster care?

How long does treatment take?

The following links provide a list of attachment focused therapists who are parent recommended and/or certified: 

Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children

Attachment Focused Treatment Institute 

Attachment Trauma Network 

If there is not a therapist in your area listed on one of these websites, look for a therapist who has 30 hours or more training in the area of attachment and/or trauma and approximately 30 hours of training in one of the following models:  Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy and Theraplay for attachment and/or Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and EMDR for trauma.  Also check out my treatment pages Attachment Therapy and Trauma Therapy for guidelines regarding what treatment should include so you will know what questions to ask when interviewing or checking on a therapist. Please do not call me asking for a referral as I will just direct you back to these links.

Children must be 10 years old or younger at the time treatment begins.  If the child’s next birthday is in 6 months or less, I will also look at severity of problems, parents willingness to provide more intense parenting interventions and possible twice weekly therapy and/or child’s attitude towards therapy.  It is at my discretion as to what families are accepted into my treatment program.  I will accept older children if they have completed the treatment program with me and are coming back for maintenance sessions.  Towards the end of treatment, I work with the sibling group to address any issues in these relationships and will work with any age group.

I am an in-network provider for the following healthcare plan:

Blue Cross Blue Shield



Aetna Better Health (in process) 

If your insurance plan is not listed, check with your insurance company to find out if your plan has out of network benefits.  If your child has United Healthcare Community Plan through KanCare, you have the option of changing to either Cenpatico or Aetna.

I only work with children who are in foster care if the parents have signed the intent to adopt paperwork and the child is living in their home.  

Length of treatment is dependent on the child’s age, severity of problem/s, parents’ ability to provide the needed in-home interventions and frequency of sessions.